Ruby on Rails
400 Minuteman Road Essex County , MA 01810
Job Title: Ruby on Rails Development/Testing Consultant
Status: Consulting - 6+ month
Remote: Yes – 100%
We are currently seeking a Ruby on Rails Development/Testing consultant to assist with performance improvements for a Ruby on Rails application. This is running on AWS with a Postgres database so skills with both are also an important component of this role. In addition to the skill set, the end client is looking for someone who can work within a 1pm-10pm Pacific time zone in order to be considered.
- Performance improvements for a Ruby on Rails application on AWS with Postgres DB.
- Assist with build and automate performance and load testing scenarios (stress, capacity, soak, peak, etc.)
- Analyze test results and performance management software to realize bottlenecks
- Analyze application code, service configurations, database design and query performance to then recommend code, configuration and database changes to DevOps, development, DB, and infrastructure teams
- Define with customer effective microservices architecture, including platform and tooling, and will analyze/recommend legacy functions to migrate into microservices architecture
- Very strong Ruby on Rails with a strong/demonstrated focus on performance analysis, management, and tuning
- Very strong Postgres, SQL tuning and optimization
- Strong experience with performance management software (such as New Relic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, etc.)
- Strong experience with load/performance testing scripts and practices
- Strong experience with AWS infra and platform services, especially with autoscaling, load balancing
- Strong experience with Containerization, including Docker
- Strong experience defining and implementing microservice architectures using Java and/or Go
*Nice to have skill set would be someone who can assist with a future migration: Some application components to be migrated into a microservices architecture, using either Java or Go, so experience with either will be helpful.
If you or someone you know is a good fit for this opportunity, we want to speak to you today! Please be sure you have the required skills and can work the designated work hours before applying. Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Hotel Engine Benefits.