466 Lexington Avenue new york county, NY 10017
Type: Full-time employment
The Security Engineer will be responsible for implementing and supporting all aspects of the corporate information security infrastructure and ensuring the availability, integrity, and confidentiality of all corporate assets and data
Overall, our client is looking for an experienced Security Engineer to help ensure proper levels of security on corporate digital systems. Duties will include keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and securing highly sensitive data.
Needs to understand the correct balance between security and usability.
Must be comfortable working with multiple personality types in different departments to accomplish goals.
- Recommend, design, implement, and administer corporate-wide information security solutions to ensure system and data availability, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Run large complex projects and that involve coordinating resources from several teams.
- Monitor, correlate, and analyze events from disparate sources for security incidents using enterprise security applications and custom tools.
- Assist in incident response, including detection, investigation, containment, eradication, and recovery.
- Ensure that security applications, appliances, tools, signatures, and configurations are properly functioning, up-to-date, and tuned.
- Perform policy compliance checks, risk assessments, and vulnerability scans.
- Ensure that all enterprise applications, security and network devices, servers, and desktops follow security best practices and are in compliance with corporate security policies.
- Review security vulnerability bulletins and recommend mitigation.
- Assist in creating and maintaining enterprise security policies, best practice guidance documentation, and the security incident response plan.
- Create and maintain engineering documentation for all design proposals, builds, and changes.
- Create and maintain operational documentation for practices, procedures, and processes.
- Ensure that all network, system, application, and data security issues are reported to management and are remediated in a timely fashion.
- Assist in performing any hardware, software, and configuration updates and communicate and Coordinate all maintenance with operations staff, management, and end-users.
- Assist with all other server, network, telephony, and storage-related tasks.
- Act as an escalation point and provide support for the Operations team. Cross- train peers and the Operations team on existing and new technology.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies, developments, security compliance requirements, standards, and industry trends
- Installing, configuring, hardening, and managing firewalls, VPNs, proxies, HIPS/NIPS, SIEM, NAC, NBA, DLP, AV, PKI, MDM, multi-factor authentication, auditing software, and password management.
- Applying security best practices to network switches and routers, telephony, wireless infrastructure, virtual infrastructure, storage, servers, desktops, and enterprise applications (IIS, Exchange, SQL, Oracle, Active Directory, SharePoint, etc.).
- Performing compliance, audit, and vulnerability assessments and using the associated tools.
- Strong communication, organization, and documentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel to alternate business sites as needed.
- Flexible work schedule including nights and weekends as part of a team supporting a 24x7 financial systems environment.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or IT related field or equivalent experience
Meet Your Recruiter
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!