Senior Analytics Engineer
101 park ave , floor 58 Manhattan , NY 10178
Job Description: Senior Analytics Engineer
Status: Direct Hire
Remote: Temporary during COVID
We are seeking a Senior Analytics Engineer to join an exciting and growing team. This position offers excellent company benefits and culture.
- Administer the technology stack that supports Enterprise Analytics and develop innovative solutions that optimize both the team’ s practices and the customers’ experience. Support the team’ s activities for onboarding new data into the central data repository, ensuring its quality, provisioning it for data consumers, and tuning the environment for optimal use.
- Collaborate with other Data Management Office staff as needed to advance the maturity of the company’ s overall data management.
- Identify existing and avoid building new roadblocks to delivering business value in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with stakeholders from senior management to junior staff.
- Savvy partner engagement and relationship management.
- Takes ownership of all aspects of a work portfolio to deliver high quality results in a timely and coordinated manner.
- Confidence in raising opportunities for improvement to management for action.
- A patient & adaptable approach to training colleagues of varying experience levels.
- Proactively solves problems and seeks to own the resolution of issues throughout their lifecycle.
- Takes critical feedback in stride and adjusts approaches accordingly.
- Acts as a point of help and excellent customer service.
- Significant experience and expertise with the configuration and technical administration of modern vendor technologies specific to enterprise analytics (either SaaS or installed). Examples include but are not limited to: Snowflake data warehouse; ETL/ELT tools (e.g. Diyotta, Trifacta); and ODBC/JDBC and other systemic connectors.
- Deep experience with and mastery of the structure, administration, and differences among Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and other database technologies.
- Expert knowledge of the needs of data science / modeling use cases and relevant tools (e.g. Python, Java, R).
- Expert knowledge of Agile (e.g. scrum, Kanban) and DevOps practices (e.g. CI/CD), as well as standard development tools (e.g. Git, BitBucket, Jenkins, Tidal scheduler).
- Expertise in provisioning data at any level of maturity (i.e. from raw to integrated to curated) in a data warehouse environment.
- Expert ability to detect patterns in data and to apply best practices to the design of appropriate database architecture, schemas, and constraints within an enterprise data warehouse environment.
- Hands-on experience with data governance technologies and their integration with an enterprise analytics platform, including but not limited to: data catalog; data quality; metadata management; and data lineage.
- Strong knowledge of process quality control metrics, including creating and maintaining live data status dashboards, error handling procedures and log files.
- Significant experience with multiple data analysis patterns and relevant tools (e.g. canned reporting, visualization, and dashboards).
- Significant experience with multiple data ingestion patterns, (e.g. ETL, ELT, streaming, Change Data Capture (CDC), micro-batches, and self-service data preparation).
- Experience with logical and physical data modeling with an industry-standard tool (e.g. Erwin).
- Familiarity with cloud-native approaches to data warehousing, including raw data storage, scalable data stores, elastic compute, and support for multiple marts.
- 8-12 years in a variety of data-centric development roles
- Experience in a customer-facing capacity (internal or external)
- Experience on the business/usage of data analytics is not required but is a plus
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent years of experience
If you or someone you know is a good fit for this opportunity, excellent company benefits and culture. This position if referral bonus eligible.
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: Baseball card collector, Foodie, Avid Mets fan.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!