Senior Java and Database Developer
1716 Briarcrest Drive , #200 Brazos County, TX 77802
- Job Title: Senior Java and Database Developer
- Status: Contract – Hire
- Remote: Temporary during shutdown only
One of our top clients is looking to hire a Mid to Senior level Software Developer to join their team. This role will work directly with a team that works on developing applications that generate revenue for the company and support client facing applications.
- Design and develop substantial portions of system architecture and critical path features.
- Properly document, track and test work.
- Follow departmental quality standards regarding coding, commenting, unit testing, debugging, documenting, releasing, and versioning code.
- Participate in and provide leadership in areas of the Software Engineering Process including responsibility for the design and innovation of new software and the specification/implementation/testing/release cycle.
- Provide recommendations on technical direction including hardware and software issues.
- Provide internal support and, as appropriate, direct customer support to determine and resolve software quality problems (bugs) in existing products.
- Act as contact for maintenance of software you lead development on.
- Debug and resolve software quality problems.
- Provide leadership and guidance to new and junior employees in the areas of software engineering process and techniques and project-specific problems, through example and direct hands-on training.
- Take the initiative in general to mentor as needed.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or MBA with Information Systems or related discipline
- Proven ability to translate business specifications into functional production ready systems
- 4+ years of experience as a lead or Sr. designer of complex systems
- 5+ years of experience developing OLTP and Data Warehouse databases using Oracle (including PL/SQL) or Postgres (including PL/pgSQL)
- 5+ years of experience developing applications using Java or a similar object-oriented language
In this role, you must have the ability to work in a team environment and facilitate group discussions. Qualified candidates should have good knowledge of Software Engineering principles and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, including prioritization of tasks to deliver quality products on time. Qualified candidates must be able to work well in a team setting and should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
If you or someone you know is a fit for this opportunity, please contact Talon today! We offer benefits and perks during the contract phase and represent a well-known company who also has excellent benefits upon possible hire as a full time employee. Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, and Hotel Engine Benefits
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: NJ Devils fan, loves going on outdoor adventures like hikes or beach days and painting
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!