Senior Solutions Architect
70 Hudson Street Hudson County, NJ 07302
- Job Title: Senior Solutions Architect
- Status: Contract – Hire
- Location: NJ with some travel as needed to NY
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to join a growing team - someone who has a strong knowledge of architectural principles, frameworks and best practices for enterprise level solutions.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- DevOps, Containers, Kubernetes, Cloud Computing and Automation experience
- Portal Framework experience – specifically Liferay DXP 7.0 is preferred
- Exposure/experience with migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
- Conduct code reviews and design test plans along with writing technical documentation
- Offer technical mentorship and guidance to the team and pick up on new tech quickly
- Tech stack:
- AWS – Containers (Docker), Kubernetes (KOPS implementation)
- Source control (Git, Bitbucket), CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Gradle, Maven)
- Oracle or MSSQL database experience
- Liferay portal (DXP 7.0 +), MQ, Elasticsearch
- Strong knowledge of architectural principles, frameworks and best practices for enterprise level solutions
- Translate complex product and project requirements into innovative technical solutions that can be implemented by the organization
- Identify and research new technologies to improve organizational capabilities
- Test proof of concepts of new technology to determine relevance to organizational needs
- Conduct code reviews, design test plans and write technical documentation
- Offer technical mentorship and guidance to the development team.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Establish, promote and enforce architectural standards, frameworks, metrics, policies and procedures across the organization
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or other related business area preferred. Prior experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to create and sell sophisticated technical solutions to business users and technical users. · Communicates clearly and concisely
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships at all levels
- Strong passion for creating integration architectures across heterogeneous technologies
- Ability to lead team members by example
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to motivate project teams and help follow the approach
- Strong skills in modeling technology mappings based on enterprise architecture and road maps
- Good working knowledge of design patterns
- Working knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge of software programming at the level indicated (at least 4 of the following)
- Proficient in Java/J2EE development
- Proficient in GUI application design and development in a Java environment
- Good working knowledge of application development in a UNIX environment
- Good working knowledge of Application servers like JBoss, Tomcat and IBM Websphere
- Good understanding of Rules engine like JRules
- Good understanding of Business process management frameworks such as JBPM
- Good understanding of ESB such as JBoss ESB
- Good working knowledge of the UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Familiar with project management techniques and one or more Systems Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Proficient in OLTP systems design & development
- Good understanding of systems analysis and design techniques
- Familiar with the design and development of distributed applications and OO analysis and design techniques
- Familiar with the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of vendor supplied solutions. Proficient in gathering and analyzing data and drawing logical conclusions.
- A minimum of: 6 years of solution architecture experience resulting in at least 8 of the above technical skills at the level indicated
- Knowledge of current technological trends in the software development industry
- Good working knowledge of system integration issues between diverse platforms (PCs, UNIX, and Windows).
- Provide the necessary level of project management and control to keep all assigned projects on schedule
- Conduct business area analysis, requirements definition, logical and detailed design, coding, testing, and implementation for all assigned development projects, according to departmental policies and procedures
- Must be able to successfully complete medium-sized development projects in a timely and cost-effective manner with minimal supervision
- Effectively manage and/mitigate the risks, trade-offs, costs, or conflicts that may emerge between short-term project needs and end-state architecture goals when designing solutions and/or reusable architectural components
- Provide the domain knowledge of the application component portfolio and employ design best practices when participating in the management and development of reusable design patterns, objects, etc.
- Participate as a member of the overall Architectural Services contributing and helping to move the team toward the goal of better fulfillment of business needs, cost savings, easier system integration, faster application deliver, improved system performance, lower maintenance effort, and greater resilience and adaptability to change
- Assist the Application Architects by participating in the management of the reusable components and architecture, recommending, planning, and documenting for the transition of it from current state technology to future state technology
- Assist in the active management of the reusable software and platform components.
- Innovate and provide suggestions, planning, and development of new reusable platform components and objects as part of this active management and/or during the course of project assignments
- Assist application architects in the proper planning (communication, standards, education) in support of the successful transition from current state development tools, objects and architectures to future state development tools, objects, and architectures
- Provide full support for all assigned company application systems. System support includes but is not limited to: problem resolution (business and non-business hours), user support, and system maintenance.
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: NJ Devils fan, loves going on outdoor adventures like hikes or beach days and painting
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!