Software Engineer | Devops/Cloud
New Castle, DE 19801
Will hire Contract to Hire, or Direct Hire
Iowa or Wilmington DE location with a hybrid onsite schedule
*Must be vaccinated
This position will provide overall requirements gathering, design, development and support of build, test and automated deployment jobs for application teams. Collaborate with others in the organization to improve software development, agility, and automation.
Team is responsible for overseeing all activities related to automating Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), automated testing development, and QA processing. Specific responsibilities include development and execution of software release functions moving system changes across the environment model. Additional responsibilities include support for SDLC tools, source code control systems, and training other teams on usage of automation tools. As the company moves to the cloud, this position will be responsible for implementing and improving DevOps processes.
- Support and enhance the existing automation framework with a focus on enhancing end-user experience through self-service solutions, speed of delivery, and high-quality results.
- Demonstrates solid development processes including code review, documentation and unit testing.
- Able to produce significant new system functionality or defect resolution with minimal direction
- Creates design specifications that demonstrate an understanding of most interfacing systems and supported business processes.
- Routinely proposes improvements to a system to improve supportability or usability.
- Ensures high-performing and scalable solutions by proactively monitoring and assessing various performance metrics both pre and post-implementation.
- Over time use understanding of the intersection of development and operations (DevOps) to promote process maturity around DevOps and CI/CD processes.
- Ensure the DevOps processes meet or exceed compliance and security requirements.
- Collaborate with representatives of diverse disciplines from across the organization to enhance automated software delivery to both on-premises and cloud hosting solutions.
- Ensure team-supported tools (including Atlassian suite and DevOps tools) are maintained and optimally utilized.
- Participate in both project and support activities for the team.
- Build strong relationships across the organization for the purpose of understanding the needs of other teams. Build frameworks and solutions that meet the requirements of a diverse set of technologies.
- Travel for this position is approximately 5-10%
Bachelor’ s degree with emphasis in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing, enhancing, and supporting application software.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle, from requirements to development, deployment, and support.
- Minimum 3 years of Agile/Scrum experience.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience building CI/CD processes.
- Minimum 3 years successful experience with software management disciplines. Includes knowledge of various SDLC/ALM (Agile, waterfall), and ITIL processes including change and release.
- Must have demonstrated the capability of meeting the key accountabilities, or have the ability to learn/perform them
- Strong customer service focus that serves as the basis for making decisions and acting
- Ability to thrive and produce results with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Superior analytical troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to interact with both technical and business stakeholders
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket, GitHub, Azure Cloud Services and DevOps, Visual Studio, .NET, C#, and Bamboo and Azure pipeline development.
- Experience with DevOps and Cloud technologies (preferably as a developer) is highly desired.
- Experience with ServiceNow, Docker EE, and Kubernetes is highly desired.