Software Engineer - Java
New Castle, DE 19801
Locations available: Chicago, IL, Manassass VA, Wilmington DE or Iowa
Prefers Direct Hire - open to Contract to Hire
*Must be vaccinated
This position will be providing overall requirements gathering, design, development and support of one or more company applications for the various subsidiaries of the corporation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Can design significant new system functionality with a consideration of performance, stability, and supportability with minimal direction.
- Design, develop, test, and document software solutions including customizing, extending, and configuring in vendor-provided software systems.
- Work with team members and business users to troubleshoot system issues and ensure resolution of issues.
- Reviews and provides feedback on business requirements to fully leverage technology to improve business functions.
- Demonstrates problem solving skills that span the application, middleware, and infrastructure levels.
- Demonstrates a robust understanding of all functional and technical aspects of a system.
- Creates design specifications that demonstrate an understanding of most interfacing systems and supported business processes
- Develop and execute test plans to analyze results and correct problems.
- Routinely proposes improvements to a system to improve supportability or usability.
- Can be consulted to provide recommendations to solve business issues based on experience and knowledge of current technology.
- Ensure high-performing and scalable solutions by proactively monitoring and assessing various performance metrics both pre and post-implementation.
- Provide rotating on-call support of production systems.
- Provide end user mentoring and training in 1-1 and small group settings.
- Partner with the various subsidiaries to create a vision for future advancement of our applications.
- Travel for this position is less than 5%.
- 11+ yrs software development experience preferably in Java.
- Web services development and maintenance experience.
- IBM FileNet, Microsoft SharePoint or other Enterprise Content Management system experience preferred.
- IBM Websphere knowledge is helpful, but not required.
- .NET experience is helpful, but not required.
- Software Development Life Cycle experience.
- Ability to thrive and produce results with little or no supervision in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact seamlessly at all levels with both technical and business stakeholders.
- Strong customer service focus and sense of urgency.
- Ability to quickly adapt and learn new technologies and systems.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’ s degree with emphasis in related field or equivalent experience.