Sr. Programmer Analyst II
3 Park Avenue - 17th Floor New York County, NY 10016
Status: Direct Hire
Work Location: NYC
We are seeking a Sr. Programmer Analyst to work on a variety of assignments including web development, providing design/architectural solutions, and leading projects for various technology solutions for the company' s business systems and on the Drupal Content Management Systems.
The primarily responsibilities for this role will be technical architecture, module and application development, site building, and systems design and administration. The Senior Programmer Analyst' s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Senior Programmer/Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle. This individual will also provide mentoring, support, and guidance to the rest of the team, however, there are no direct reports. You will be responsible for identifying and making recommendations to develop solutions to complex issues.
Key Responsibilities • Administration, support, patching and upgrading Drupal, PHP, Solr, Web Server, Varnish, and related services on Acquia and AWS. • Designs and develops applications to solve business problems. • Provide technical leadership of Drupal and other web development projects including requirements gathering, project planning, delegating tasks, and code review. • Utilize GIT for version control, and pull requests for merging feature branches. • Install, test and deploy patches to the core CMS and modules for our Drupal CMS. • Working with Continuous Integration using CircleCI for deployment on Acquia. • Leads and manages development projects from start to finish, communicating with all levels of staff and reporting progress regularly to ICT Director. • Provides design proposals following best practices considering data, business, and service layers for all system changes. • Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications. • Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures. • Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’ s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments. • Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation. • Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent experience computer science or related field such as math, physics or engineering required
- Advanced degree preferred
- 7-10 years experience with Drupal Design, Development, and Administration required
- Command of Drupal 7 and 8 architecture, modules, development, theming and best practices.
- Comfortable with git for version control, and pull requests for merging feature branches.
- Strong understanding of core Drupal API and concepts, including Form API, Field API, Render API, etc.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration using CircleCI or similar.
- Knowledge of periodic maintenance and configuration of Apache, Varnish, Solr, and PHP on Linux.
- Support the deployment process, including review of logs for errors after code deployment to all environments.
- Experience using SOAP and REST APIs.
- Strong knowledge of object oriented PHP including experience working with PHP version 7.
- Experience with SQL and RDBS.
- Familiarity with Acquia Cloud environment, DrupalVM, Jira, Jira Service desk, WordPress
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Displays enthusiasm and positive energy.
Excellent company culture and benefits available - referral bonus also available. Please contact Talon today if you or someone you know is a fit for this opportunity!
Meet Your Recruiter
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!