Technical Application Development Manager
101 Park Ave New York County, NY 10178
- Technical Application Development Manager
- Job Location: NYC (flex to travel to NJ location as needed)
- Contract to Hire opportunity
We are looking for a Technology Manager who has prior experience working hands on with Java Development and leading a strategic transformation development project. While this is not a hands on coding role, there is a level of technical understanding required. This person will work with the business and tech teams as well as Vendors to drive technical initiatives. We need someone with strong communication skills and the ability to lead and develop a team.
Skills required for this role:
- Good management and administrative skills. Sound leadership experience with the ability to listen, execute and drive projects forward.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Financial industry experience required
- Key technology experience is Java/Spring/Angular.
- Experience leading development teams both internal and vendor.
- Experience in developing new in-house built strategic applications as well as integrating in strategic vendor applications.
- Leading onshore/offshore development teams.
- Good human relations, communications, negotiation, problem solving, teamwork and interpersonal skills at all level of the organization
- Ability to manage and provide guidance to employees and consultants, both on-shore and off-shore.
- Ability to effectively manage systems development efforts and life cycles.
- Knowledge of current trends in the information technology, software development, project management, etc.
- Knowledge of programming and computer languages, operating systems, application packages, database management systems, networks, and hardware capabilities.
- Knowledge of planning, budgeting, and quality assurance as it relates to software development projects.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Systems analysis and design.
- Contract negotiations.
- Project management.
- Software engineering principles and practices.
- System Integration among diverse platforms.
- Minimum five years of experience with analysis, design and programming in distributed platforms as a manager with hands-on responsibility. Recognized certifications around information technology, software development, project management, systems analysis, or technical infrastructure (cloud/networking) would be considered a plus.
The department / team will work across all business units to address Information Technology projects and provide support for assigned Information Technology systems implemented. This role will coordinate and assist in the interaction across all Business Technology and Technical Services areas along with user departments on. Some details on the day to day responsibilities include:
- Manage and execute projects or IT support tasks in alignment with objectives and business initiatives
- Assume technical ownership and management of assigned software products, projects and support.
- Manage Technical Scorecard for assigned systems
- Lead technical teams comprising onshore/offshore consultants and employees at various levels on projects or system support tasks
- Motivate and provide mentorship to technical team as needed
- Ensure support capabilities for all active systems assigned and ensure proper handling of all support and maintenance requests
- Monitor systems development efforts for compliance with documented standards and guidelines
- Keep current with and evaluate new technical developments as appropriate to the business plans and strategic objectives
- Engage in technology strategic planning, assessment and alignment of technology efforts with business initiatives
- Manage assigned projects through deployment ensuring that all projects are undertaken according to documented standards
Planning and Project Management
- Manage and report on active projects
- Participation on project leadership teams as assigned.
- Participation on group wide committees for the planning and scheduling of project execution.
- Plan and manage budget for projects
- Coordinate project meetings
- Allocate and manage technical resources for Bank initiatives
- Assign project/tasks to project teams
- Monitor all technical deliverables for completeness and accuracy
- Conflict resolution
- Provide subject matter expertise on key initiatives as needed
- Perform technical duties as needed
- Plan, direct and evaluate the work of team in the analysis, architecture and development of new systems or the revision of existing systems
- Review work completed and in progress for completeness, efficiency, accuracy and adherence to standards.
- Contract negotiations as applicable
- Attend classes, presentations and trade shows related to the computer industry
- Carry out special tasks as assigned by the Director, Business Technology.
Education— Bachelor’ s degree preferred. MBA is a plus. Professional experience will be considered in lieu of education.
Excellent company culture and benefits available - benefits also available during contract phase. Benefits include Medical and Dental Insurance, 401(k), Employee Service Center, Referral Bonuses, Loyalty and Longevity Bonuses, along with Hotel Engine Benefits.
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: Taylor Swift's #1 Fan, lover of the Fast and the Furious franchise, and avid snowboarder.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!