VMware / Capacity Planning Specialist
Hartford, CT 06095
- Position: VMware / Capacity Planning Specialist
- Status: Contract assignment
- Contract duration: 12 months+
Our client is seeking a Capacity Planning Specialist who has the following experience:
Technical Skills background:
- 3-5+ years experience with Capacity Planning for x86 compute environment
- 3-5+ including VMware, Windows Server, Linux, AIX and/or Oracle RAC
- 3-5+ years experience with Capacity Planning tools that could include
- 3-5+ TeamQuest, CWOM, VROPs, Splunk, LIM and others years experience
- 3-5+ with VMware cluster planning
- Automation experience (Ansible, Python, Powershell, etc)
Candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing counsel and advice to top management on significant Infrastructure matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
- Serves as the lead technical consultant responsible for design, engineering and development of information technology solutions.
- Leads the design, analysis, development and implementation of engineering infrastructure solutions of projects and/or work requests for complex business solutions.
- Troubleshoots and proceeds on resolving complex infrastructure compatibility issues based on system architecture, project requirements, customer expectations, etc.
- May be involved in the creation of design specifications and the development and application of utility programs and may resolve escalated infrastructure compatibility problems as they arise.
- Responsibilities may include risks assessments, partnering on capacity planning, budget forecasting, and the diagnosis and correction of application/network problems.
- May serve as the primary contact for vendors. Technologies span mainframe, midrange, desktop, server, network data, voice, messaging, web, database, and output/receiving.
- Focuses on providing thought leadership and technical expertise across multiple disciplines.
- Recognized internally as “ the go-to person” for the most complex Infrastructure Engineering assignments.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
To be considered for this position you need to have the ability to work in a very fast paced environment, and be a quick learner. Excellent communication skills are essential in this role.
If you feel you are qualified for this position, please apply directly via talonpro.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Fun Facts: Taylor Swift's #1 Fan, lover of the Fast and the Furious franchise, and avid snowboarder.
If you feel like you are the right fit for the job above, please click the apply online button below and I will be sure to reach out ASAP!